Job description and main tasks
As a software engineer specialized in computer vision, you will be part of a highly skilled team whose members are jointly responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the high-level software in our robotic applications. At Mediate Srl we have a highly transversal structure, which allows for our employees to bring their expertise to several exciting projects. Currently, two main projects, under Mediate robotics division, will require your contribution in computer vision software implementation. In the first project, the software you will be working on image manipulation and relevant information extraction in the form of features that will then be used in machine-learning algorithms for classification purposes. For the second project, you will be responsible of the implementation of 3D image reconstruction from point-cloud representations in order to aid on the generation of trajectories to be followed by a robotic arm. You will have the opportunity to work with SoA imaging technologies and software, intuitive user interfaces, 3D graphics, and much more.
In general terms, we are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer or computer scientists willing to:
- develop and adapt advanced computer vision and state-of-the-art deep learning techniques for object detection and classification;
- design and architect practical systems for solving challenging image-understanding problems;
- develop and evaluate state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for real-time control of robots and other hardware devices;
- develop and test vision algorithms to control robots and advanced hardware systems created for human-interaction environments;
- document algorithmic approaches, test results, prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities.
Job profile and competences
We are looking for fast-learning, highly-qualified candidates with proven experience in the field of computer vision. The ideal candidate has some knowledge of National LabVIEW, mainly, but also MATLAB, C++ and Python experience in required.
Further, we expect the following from you:
- ability to write clean and maintainable code;
- solid understanding design patterns and software architecture;
- focus on quality with a solid understanding of Test-Driven Development;
- hands-on experience in machine-learning (deep-learning required as plus);
- BSc in software engineering / computer science – preferably also an MSc in software/computer engineering;
- relevant experience in the development and application of computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms to solve challenging image understanding problems;
- independent analytical problem-solving skills;
- ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- professional writing skills to rigorously prepare technical reports and presentations;
- flexibility in terms of work activities to be performed (we are a start-up and we all need to work on topics out of our competences from time-to-time);
- excellent problem-solving skills and good sensivity in keeping deadlines.
Location: office based in Pontedera (Pisa)